Administrative Personnel I
Administrative Personnel I serves the clerical needs of the Probation Department performing a wide variety of secretarial and clerical duties. The Administrative Personnel I also may serve the clerical needs of Probation Officers for misdemeanor cases by preparing written orders, warrants, revocations, and probation modifications. The position involves an extensive amount of contact with the public and the citizens of Lovejoy. The workweek and working hours will vary with assignments Monday through Saturday. Evenings and weekends may be required.
$10.00 per hour / part-time
Data entry into Probation computer system
Intake and reception functions
- Interprets Court Forms
- Interpret legal terms to assess the status of offenders in order to retrieve and distribute date sensitive file materials, based on arrest dates and upcoming court hearings
- Calculates and records all completed community service hours
- Adds and deletes costs of supervision fees and violation of probation fees when ordered
Order and document preparation functions
- Professionally handle all walk in visitors, referring to proper location
- Answer phones and cover the front desk when assigned
- Greet all visitors and defendants in a professional and polite manner
- Incoming and outgoing mail distribution
- Follow proper office procedures for complaints to supervisors
Performs related work as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Types probation orders, warrants, modifications, revocation, terminations and dismiss orders
- Prepares letters and correspondence ordered by officers
- Prepares inactive files for scanning and scans all inactive files
- A high school diploma with two years experience preferred.
- Learn new office skills
- Type, compose, proofread and edit correspondence and reports
- Plan, organize and complete special assignments with minimal supervision
- Work independently
- Maintain confidentiality concerning sensitive information
- Be dependable, outgoing, and personable, with a strong desire to work in a service-oriented capacity.
- Ability to work with handicapped and senior citizens.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the public.
- Ability to work effectively with citizens groups and other County agencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to speak publicly.
- Ability to utilize equipment including personal computer, including word-processing and data base software; phone; mobile or portable radio, alarm system, HVAC, commercial kitchen, fire extinguisher, digital marquee, copy and fax machine.
- Possess a valid GA driver’s license.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Performs duties as assigned by the Supervising Probation Officer.
Guidelines include city policies and procedures; City of Lovejoy Employee Handbook and Safety Manual.
SCOPE & EFFECT:
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for City of Lovejoy Probation Department. Successful performance in this position contributes to the efficiency of city operations and enhances the image of the city.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee mostly works indoors in an office setting. The employee may be occasionally exposed to wet and dry conditions, associated with outside functions and activities to include city sponsored events.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITES:
Submit an application, resume and 2 references letters (from most recent employer).
– application can be viewed and printed
In person: Lovejoy City Hall 2296 Talmadge Road, Lovejoy, GA 30250
Via Email: email@example.com
Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline of May 31, 2018 will not be accepted.