The City of Tybee Island is seeking qualified applicants for a full time City Engineer and Director of Infrastructure.
Description of Duties:
Reporting directly to the City Manager, the City Engineer and Director will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing the work of the Public Works Department and Water Sewer Department and providing technical engineering services to other city departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a closely related field;
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a management position with demonstrated skills in preparing and monitoring capital and operational budgets, employee supervision and public relations;
- Strong customer relations skills and experience working with a broad range of community groups and organizations and the general public;
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication, time management, report writing and information technology skills;
- Experience in Municipal Public Works or related field preferred;
- A general knowledge of all municipal services including roads and transportation, fleet management, water supply and distribution, sanitary sewage collection and treatment, municipal drains and storm water systems management, solid waste and recycling collection.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) / Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification desirable;
- Valid State of Georgia Driver’s License;
- Background investigation including driving record and pre-employment drug screen will be conducted.
Applications are available online at www.cityoftybee.org.
Salary: 82,822 – 107,669
Job Open Until Filled
EOE and Drug Free Workplace
Benefits: The City offers an excellent benefits package, including 100% coverage on medical and dental insurance for the employee, life insurance, long term disability, pension, FMLA leave, and continuing education assistance.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a disability or any other legally protected status.