The Web Programmer will be responsible for coordinating, managing and updating all web content and will work with Macon-Bibb County departments to ensure web site content is updated, relevant and current.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are representative of the work required for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Develops applications, updates/integrates content, images, and video to the websites.
- Maintains the integrity, reliability, and security of Macon-Bibb County websites and Intranet site.
- Creates enhancements, modifications, and applications related to the website(s).
- Provides technical assistance and training for web applications for all employees.
- Optimize loading speeds and capacity
- Performs routine maintenance, troubleshoots problems, and configures computer software, hardware, peripherals, and support systems.
- Researches computer hardware/software products to optimize information display and balance server loads.
- Test websites across browsers, operating systems and devices
- Proficient on both Mac and Windows computer systems.
- Ensure site(s) security.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Web Programmer must be knowledgeable of the following principles, procedures, and concepts:
- Knowledge of computing systems operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of personal computers, servers, website and relevant database programs.
- Ability to develop, modify, and maintain operating systems, application software, hardware/software configurations, and computer-related trouble-shooting.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with city officials, fellow employees, vendors, and with members of the general public.
- Proven experience as a Webmaster or Web Developer
- Knowledge of web analytics and SEO
- Familiarity with web standards
- Working knowledge of website management tools
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Web Programmer should possess, at minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field; at least one year experience in working with local government or with public agencies; and at least four years of experience in website management; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Possession of a valid Georgia Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.