CITY OF MILLEDGEVILLE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
POSITION: CITY ENGINEER
: Full Time 40 Hours per week, Monday-Friday
(Requires emergency after-hours calls)
: Negotiable – Dependent Upon Experience
: April 26, 2018 – May 18, 2018
This position performs a variety of technical and professional tasks. It is responsible for all City Engineering and for providing technical engineering services for city construction and improvement projects. Plans, directs and supervises construction and improvement projects, including the design and development of municipal infrastructure, facilities projects and landfill projects. Makes long-range planning recommendations. This position reports directly to the City Manager.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the City in order to coordinate the work of various projects, usually interpreted to require three to five years of related experience.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Certification as a Professional Engineer.
- Must be able to perform and/or manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities concurrently.
- Must be efficient, a self-starter, and independent worker, detailed oriented and possess good work habits.
- Knowledge of city and department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and theories of civil engineering, including hydrology.
- Knowledge of roadway and subdivision design and construction.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, codes, and ordinances.
- Knowledge of the principles and theories of land surveying.
- Knowledge of grant application and administration procedures.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in estimating the cost of public works construction projects.
- Skill in procuring and administering contracts for public works projects.
- Skill in performing mathematical computations and applying standard engineering techniques in the design and construction of public works projects.
- Skill in operating computer equipment and engineering software
- Skill in the use of drafting and surveying instruments.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
(Note: The listed duties are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job class. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.)