The City of Thomaston is accepting applications for the position of Park Assistant (Temporary/Seasonal - Part-time) for the Park Street Playground. The City of Thomaston has two temporary (2) part-time positions available: Please specify on the application if only one time-frame desired.
Monday – Friday - 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday - 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Flexibility in hours may be needed. Some Saturday hours may be required.
Temporary/Seasonal position - June 4, 2018 – July 27, 2018
The positions pay is $11.36 per hour with no benefits.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of park.
- Oversees and coordinates park programs.
- Inventories facility equipment.
- Secures and schedules volunteer coaches for athletic programs chosen for respective park.
- Collects trash.
- Ensures park and restroom facilities are restocked and clean.
- Supervises the use of facilities; enforces policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties.
- Knowledge of park rules and regulations.
- Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work with volunteers and youth/children.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Successful completion of background and pre-employment screens.
- Requires some experience in overseeing athletic programs.
Applicants must complete a City of Thomaston Employment Application which can be found on the City website, www.cityofthomaston.com
, or pick up an application at Thomaston City Hall, 106 E. Lee St., Thomaston, GA. 30286. Application may be mailed or hand-delivered to Rebecca Zebe – Human Resources Director, City of Thomaston, 106 E. Lee St., Thomaston Ga. 30286.
The City of Thomaston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Open until the position is filled or pulled.