JOB OPENING: Post until Filled
ACCOUNTANT – FINANCE DEPARTMENT
Pay Range: $40,000 - $50,000
: This position is responsible for preparing, maintaining and balancing financial transactions and records of assets purchased and owned by the County; accounting for the general ledger entries and month-end balancing; generation of monthly financial statements; and assisting with other financial duties including the annual external audit.
- Properly records and updates new assets.
- Computes depreciation, gain/loss entries or other appropriate journal entries for fixed assets.
- Assists with disposing of assets mainly through Gov-Deals online.
- Periodically coordinates and performs physical audits of County fixed assets.
- Produces year-end audit statements for fixed asset reporting.
- Assists with property/inland marine insurance coverage.
- Generates monthly accounts receivable reports.
- Generates monthly financial statements.
- Interact with external auditors and prepare as much information internally as possible to minimize audit costs.
- Assist in preparing annual County operating budgets for General Funds, Special Revenue Funds, Debt Service Funds, Enterprise Funds and Internal Service Funds.
- Assist in managing the balances of all bank accounts, transfer of funds, Certificate of Deposit investments according to appropriate guidelines.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations of all checking accounts and associated processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or in a related field.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having a similar position for one to two years.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residency.
- Knowledge of intermediate-advanced accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting standards, FASB statements, and current audit standards for state and local governments.
- Knowledge of County policies and procedures.
- Skill in personal computer operations.
- Skill in written and oral communications.
- All inquiries, applications and background consent paperwork should be obtained from the Reception Area, Catoosa County Governmental Building located at 800 LaFayette Street, Ringgold, GA or at www.catoosa.com.
- Post offer negative drug test required. Catoosa County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Current employees wishing to apply for a transfer are expected to complete an application and will be notified if chosen for an interview.