Under general supervision, performs administrative and technical work in providing assistance in the management of the 700 Megahertz Public Safety and Public Service Radio System. Assists with the technology systems of the communication center and is responsible for the analysis and programming of CAD and the radio system. Maintains close coordination with other public safety and public agencies that use the radio system. Possess the skills necessary to coordinate operations and train personnel in the use and application of the various systems utilized by the 911 center.
- Coordinates the operation and maintenance of the county-wide 700 megahertz Digital Trunked Radio System, including working with other consultants, vendors, and all public safety personnel.
- Maintains inventory of the county-wide radio system.
- Provides various reports on system usage and inventories to public safety agencies.
- Performs modifications to the communications system by installing software upgrades and programming templates into subscriber units.
- Ensures preventative maintenance is performed; oversees maintenance and repairs performed by various representatives.
- Provides assistance and training to users in proper operations such as usage and care of equipment.
- Assists users in developing inventory tracking and control processes and in updating system design documentation.
- Manages system use priorities and eligibility criteria as well as system capacity and assignment; updates and programs subscriber units as needed.
- Performs the duties of a communications officer as needed to maintain staffing levels within the communications center.
- Performs related duties.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain GCIC/NCIC certification.