If you already have an active application on file DO NOT submit another paper application. Email email@example.com
and make a request to have your application submitted for the position you are interested in.
How to Submit Applications:
8700 Hospital Drive Douglasville, GA 30134
- Faxes are not accepted
- E-mail the application and any required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or mail to: Douglas County Human Resources
Applications can be downloaded at our website: celebratedouglascounty.com. Under “Hot Spots”, click on the “Employment Opportunities” link. The application link is on the right hand side of the Human Resources webpage under “Downloadable Documents”. Applications can also be obtained from the HR Department on the 1st
floor of the Douglas County Courthouse.
Planning and Zoning
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filled
This is technical and professional planning work under the guidance of the Planning and Zoning Manager. Major Job functions include site plan review, interpretation of development regulations, research and analysis for the comprehensive land use plan and working to develop and maintain the county’s Unified Development Code. Applicant will also assist with grant preparation, administration and implementation.
- Master’s degree in urban or regional planning or related field from an accredited college or university and three years of progressively responsible experience in urban or regional planning, or
- Bachelor’s degree in urban or regional planning or related field from an accredited college or university and five years of progressively responsible experience in urban or regional planning
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Preferred: Experience in grant writing and administration
- Preferred: American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) Certification
- Must have and maintain a valid United States Driver's License (Class C),a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR) and the ability and willingness to drive a county vehicle; if assigned job duties require the use of a vehicle
- Minimum 21 years of age
Employment is contingent on passing a mandatory Physical/Drug Screen/MVR and Background Investigation.
: $55,831.36 - $58,656.42 annual ($26.84 - $28.20 hourly) based on experience and qualifications, plus full benefits package
Résumés may be attached, but a résumé without a completed application will not