ANIMAL CONTROL - Catoosa County
Part-Time/Seasonal Animal Care Attendant - $9.00/hour
Under the direction of the Animal Control Director, provide for the constant cleanliness of cages, runs and shelter areas and the proper feeding and care of all shelter animals.
- Observe animal appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease and discontent.
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect all areas of the shelter as often as is necessary.
- Bring animals to and from the kennel during intake or out-take.
- Make sure all animals are clean and smell fresh.
- Recognize and record any unusual condition or abnormal behavior of any shelter animal.
- Report signs of illness, disease, injury or unusual activity to Director.
- Receive animals to be admitted for shelter care and is responsible for their proper identification and for recording their respective locations.
- Release animals to their owners as directed by the Animal Control Director.
- Wash and sterilize water and food bowls.
- Maintain kennel area by performing tasks including, but not limited to, sweeping/mopping floors, taking out trash, doing laundry.
- Make sure cages and animals are properly numbered.
- Maintain equipment used to complete job assignments and report any repairs needed to the Animal Control Director.
- Other duties deemed necessary for the efficient operation of the Animal Shelter.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma/Equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Drivers License with a good driving record.
- Ability to lift 40-50 pounds unassisted and over 51-150 pounds assisted.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to differentiate color and shades of color.
- Ability to control, handle, restrain animals with the proper tools and techniques.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to tolerate unpleasant odors and noises.
- Must possess good organization skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Good math, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to use a variety of tools and equipment for the safe handling of animals.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
Post offer negative drug test required. Equal Opportunity Employer.
- All inquiries and applications should be obtained from the Reception Area, Catoosa County Government Building located at 800 Lafayette Street, Ringgold, GA or at www.catoosa.com
- Current employees wishing to apply for a transfer are expected to complete an application and will be notified by Personnel if chosen for an interview.