Cordele Police Department is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Police Officer
Individuals considered for employment will be responsible for performing routine patrol, responding to emergency calls, enforcing federal, state and local laws, investigating crimes, and participating in community relations programs.
Benefits package includes:
- Must pass and maintain Georgia Peace Officer certification (current valid certification is a plus);
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license;
- Must be 21 years of age (birth certificate required);
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED;
- Must pass an extensive background investigation;
- Must be able to work a 12 hour shift including on-call status, nights, weekends, holidays, court dates and possible overtime;
- Must be a U.S. Citizen;
- Pass a physical and drug test;
- And pass a polygraph.
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance;
- Excellent defined benefit retirement plan;
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave;
- Optional 457b employee contribution deferred compensation retirement plan;
- Optional short and long term disability insurance;
- Access to Credit Union;
- And Take-home car program for qualifying officers.
How to Apply:
- Starting salary beginning at $32, 867.67 per year
- Complete the Online PDF fillable City of Cordele Sworn Peace Officer Application.
- Complete the Online PDF fillable Background Investigation Booklet.
- Scan in all required documents, and affix to the application or email them to Mr. David Wade, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.