$37,343 - $46,679
May 16, 2018
May 30, 2018
This position performs administrative tasks and coordinates a variety of programs/events to support the Keep Smyrna Beautiful Department and 501(c)3 organization. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Keep Smyrna Beautiful Director. Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends
Essential Job Duties
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Responsible for all operations of the Adopt-A-Mile program.
- Assists in planning and operation of a variety of on-going programs and special projects for the department; creates program planning guides.
- Coordinates volunteer activities; actively recruits new volunteers; coordinates programs and events with volunteers; prepares and distributes volunteer opportunity lists; instructs, assigns and reviews work of volunteers; allocates volunteers to complete various assignments; publicizes events and programs; records and maintains records of volunteer functions including hours of service, thank you notes, and donations.
- Assists in compiling and preparing various statistics, reports and documents; assists in completing the State Storm Water Report, Cobb County Partner in Education Report, annual reports for Keep America Beautiful and the City; assists in preparing grant and award applications; compiles and maintains data and statistics regarding various KSB events and programs.
- Provides administrative support to the KSB Board; prepares KSB Board minutes; prepares materials for KSB board; prepares and sends notices for Board meetings; records and distributes commendation cards if needed; documents volunteer service hours; maintains Committee Meetings records and other functions. Pays invoices for services and materials for items purchased with the nonprofit KSB funds.
- May provide administrative support to the Recycling Center Coordinator as needed.
- Performs various public relations tasks; provides information and assistance to callers and visitors to the department; responds to written inquiries; prepares and presents information to school groups, civic groups and other gatherings as needed; writes and submits articles for newsletters and other publications; prepares.
- Participates in KSB-sponsored events and other City events; gathers materials and supplies for KSB functions and manages inventory; takes photos for documentation of events as needed.
- Attends educational seminars, conferences and meetings as available and able.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Environmental Science, Public Relations, Business Administration, or related field; supplemented by three (3) years of administrative experience working for a non-profit agency or department; or any equivalent combination of education, training. Volunteer management experience a plus.
- Must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Must possess strong communication/customer service and computer skills.
Applications must be submitted online: www.smyrnacity.com
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *