Under the direct supervision of the City Manager, this position is responsible for planning, organizing and directing Human Resources and Risk Management operations for the City which include Employment Services and Relations, Benefits Administration, Classification and Compensation, Training and Development, Risk Management, Safety, Wellness, and record keeping.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Risk Management or a related field required (Master’s Degree preferred) and ten years of progressively responsible experience, including five years in an upper management position.
- The following designations will receive consideration but not required: SPHR, SHRM-CP, IPMA-CP, CHRM, or ACHRM and/or ARM.
- Strong effective communicator in writing, business presentations, and in interpersonal communication.
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Experience in organization development and change management.
- Extensive experience in employment law to keep the organization safe from lawsuits and has a proven ability to work well in consultation with an employment law attorney.
- Extensive knowledge regarding employee benefits, compensation/classification plans, workers compensation, general liability, property and casualty, and vehicle liability/damage.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the organization and on the executive team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in policy development, documentation, training and implementation.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet, Tyler/Munis Operating Systems helpful).
- Must be multi-tasker and meet deadlines.
- Must already possess or obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, and 800 within three (3) months of employment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residency.