This position is responsible for performing specialized duties in the operation of a wastewater treatment plant. An incumbent in this position may be designated “Wastewater Treatment Operator III”, “Wastewater Treatment Operator II”, or “Wastewater Treatment Operator I”.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain an appropriate state-certified license for wastewater treatment.
- Minimum Class 3 Georgia Wastewater Operators License.