NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC - JOB POSTING
The City of Monroe is now accepting applications for the position of Director of City Planning
Posted: 6/1/2018 End Date: 6/21/2018
The Director of City Planning is the strategic leader focused on growth and development for the City of Monroe. The successful candidate will perform professional, strategic and technical reviews on issues of planning and zoning with the City Planning and Development Authority.
Important Working Relationships
- Under the direct supervision of the City Administrator and general oversight of the mayor and city council.
- Regular contact with the Director of Code Enforcement, Director of the Downtown Development Authority as well as other department heads as required.
- Follow and implement the City Master Plan, adjusting plan as required by growth or changes in regulations at either the state or federal level.
- Act as the City’s representative regarding growth, zoning, planning and code development and enforcement.
- Be the public face for all growth and development projects working with appropriate builders, attorneys, contractors, engineers and the public to ensure adherence to code and master plan.
- Administer and create the annual budget for planning.
- Ensure compliance in any environmental assessment, grant applications, while maintaining compliance with any state or federal regulation
Education and Experience
- Other administrative and regulatory duties as required by the position of City Planner.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work urban planning, geography, architecture, or a related field, master’s degree preferred.
- Five years of responsible professional municipal planning experience, in a full-time role.
Salary range for this position is from $65,790.00 to $87,720.00, based on past salary history, qualifications, educational background and experience. The City of Monroe offers a comprehensive benefit package.
- Ability to make persuasive and confident public presentations and to represent the City in public forums in an articulate and professional manner.
Applications may be obtained at City Hall, 215 N. Broad Street, Monroe, GA 30655 or printed from the City website at www.monroega.com
(under Quick Links/Employment Opportunities). A full job description is available at City Hall. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed application, but may be attached. Completed job applications must be returned to/received by City Hall at the above address or by mail to City of Monroe, attn.: HR, PO Box 1249, Monroe, GA, 30655, no later than the end date of this posting.
The City of Monroe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Certified Drug-Free Work Place.
Per Georgia Code 34-9-414 be advised that the City of Monroe does pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, post rehabilitation, and routine fitness-for-duty (random) drug testing.