The City of Thomaston is accepting applications for the position of Equipment Operator
with our Parks and Public Spaces Team. This is a full-time position. The position starting pay is $26,250.00 annually.
Applicants must complete a City of Thomaston Employment Application which can be found on the City website, www.cityofthomaston.com
, or pick up an application at Thomaston City Hall, 106 E. Lee St., Thomaston, GA. 30286. Application may be mailed or hand-delivered to Rebecca Zebe – Human Resources Director, City of Thomaston, 106 E. Lee St., Thomaston Ga. 30286
The City of Thomaston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Open until the position is filled or pulled.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated and possession of a motor vehicle record insurable under the city’s insurance plan.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment backgrounds, including drug screen, criminal and employment.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Operates equipment safely and efficiently, including sweeper, tractor, dump truck, tractor boom mower, and van.
- Inspects equipment prior to use to ensure that it is in proper operating condition; checks brakes, mirrors, lights, wipers, belts, hoses, air pressure, fluid levels, etc.
- Cleans, services, and makes minor repairs to equipment.
- Performs equipment maintenance duties such as lubricating, greasing, and checking air, oil, gas, and other fluids.
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools.
- Operates a variety of grounds maintenance equipment.
- Assists in pouring cement.
- Performs other assigned duties.
- Knowledge of equipment operation principles.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance principles.
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of city geography, including streets and rights-of-way.
- Skill in defensive driving techniques.
- Skill in operating a variety of heavy and light equipment.
- Skill in using various hand and power tools.
- Skill in performing construction and maintenance duties.
- Skill in oral and written communication.