The incumbent is responsible for assisting managers, foremen and crew leaders in keeping all city parks, athletic facilities, buildings, landscaped areas and equipment safe, clean and routinely maintained.
PLEASE NOTE HOURS
: Position generally works less than 30 hours per week.
Must be flexible and able to work any hours including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays as well as additional hours when needed.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs duties such as but not limited to mowing, blowing, edging, trimming grass, landscaped and paved areas, preparation of sports fields for practice and games, maintenance and installation of playground mulch, cleaning of restrooms, minor irrigation repair, simple plumbing repairs, application of fertilizers and herbicides, ascending or descending ladders, clearing of underbrush, installation of new landscaping, occasionally directing traffic, dragging and cleaning of beaches, trash removal and equipment maintenance.
- Delivers accurate and timely reports of vandalism, injuries, safety issues, damage to property, needed repairs, and low inventories of supplies to the attention of a supervisor.
- Provides support services for all city events including, but not limited to setting up, logistical support, custodial services, and breakdown/clean up.
- Assist other divisions within the department when needed to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Follows and practices all safety and regulatory standards in the field.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED; supplemented by general knowledge of turf grass maintenance, landscaping, minor building maintenance repairs, custodial services and/or small equipment operation and maintenance; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess a current, valid Georgia Driver's License.
- Must successfully pass criminal background and Motor Vehicle checks.
- Must successfully pass post-offer drug screening.
Applications must be submitted online at: www.acworth.org
* * * * The City of Acworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *