Posting expires: Open until filled
Salary range: Commensurate with experience
General Description and Classification Standards
Designs, develops, tests, and supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial or industrial use. This is an experienced, professional level capable of carrying out most assignments typical of the profession with limited guidance or review. This level would be considered a promotional level and attainable by any incumbents in a work group who demonstrate the necessary knowledge, ability, and performance. Could be the only professional in this specialty in a work group.
Performs work under general supervision with review and advice from manager or a senior level professional.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Coordinates and schedule projects and work assignments using MAXIMO, a computerized maintenance management program; uses Micro Soft Excel Pivot Tables for interpreting and presenting external data source like MAXIMO for generating schedules, creating charts and reports for weekly meetings and for acquisition of data from MAXIMO inventory for the annual budget preparation.
Responsible for the procurement requisitioning for all materials needed for preventive and corrective maintenance; assists with monitoring the wastewater treatment plant new construction upgrade progress to ensure electrical code compliance for all buildings and process equipment. Contacts service vendors to obtain quotes to repair equipment.
Prepares weekly work schedule for electricians, process control technicians and maintenance mechanics; generates reports that shows the plant maintenance staff/employees' time spent on each job to improve in efficiency.
Provides technical support in the field when electrical and process control staff have problem identifying and or repairing equipment. Prepares reports for Plant Manager for approving purchasing requisitioning of parts and equipment's needed. Meets with staff each day for work related matter.
May make purchasing or resource allocation decisions within organization guidelines. Selects from multiple procedures and methods to accomplish tasks.
Provides guidance and training as required to lower level, interns, temporary employees, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of water/waste water equipment; knowledge of the requisitioning process; knowledge of electrical engineering theory, practice and terminology.
- Skill in using the operational manuals for a large array of different equipment; skill in operating computer software such as Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
- Ability to apply Electrical Engineering knowledge to solve complex systems issues, ability to operate basic hand and power tools; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Completion of Technical or Vocational course of study in Electricity, Engineering, or a related area.
- 3 years' of progressively responsible water/wastewater engineering experience in operations, maintenance, or construction experience.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 3 years' of progressively responsible water/wastewater engineering experience in operations, maintenance, or construction.
Licensures and Certifications
- Valid State of Georgia driver's license required.
- Georgia Electrical Contractor License required.
Ashli J. Logan, city of Atlanta, email@example.com, (404) 546-6959.