Salary Range - $34,700 to $43,400
Posting to expire - Open Until Filled
Watershed Inspector, Senior
The purpose of this job is inspect and monitor construction projects to ensure that work is being done according to applicable plans and specifications. Duties include, but are not limited to: conducting inspections; reviewing plans; maintaining records and files; preparing drawings; preparing reports; and investigating problems.
Examples of Responsibilities & Duties:
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Performs grading construction, and erosion control inspections of construction sites to ensure compliance with Federal, State and City codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Records and maintains daily records of activities, including personnel, equipment and materials.
- Reviews construction plans and specifications, contract documents, plat cards, and other documents as necessary to monitor projects and ensure conformance with rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Maintains accurate records of material usage, reviews and verifies requests for payments/invoices, and performs other duties as necessary to ensure accurate payment to Contractors.
- Prepares as-built drawings due to field changes.
- Prepares reports, memos, and other documents; develops and maintains related files.
- Reviews proposal construction documents for potential rewriting and city compliance.
- Communicates effectively with departmental personnel, management and outside professionals.
- Coordinates work activities between contractors, engineers, site operations and project manager.
- Conducts on-site inspections to ensure construction work is performed in conformance with specifications and plans.
- Attends pre-construction, progress, and other meetings as necessary to monitor construction projects.
- Marginal Job Functions
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Associate's degree in Engineering or Building Construction or related filed required;
- three years in surveying, construction, or engineering;
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess a valid Georgia driver's license
- Must have Georgia Water Distribution Operator License.
Knowledge of Job:
Has considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of the City and the various department operations and functions. Has considerable knowledge of construction management, and engineering practices, policies and procedures as necessary in the completion of daily responsibilities. Has considerable knowledge of all applicable laws, ordinances, policies, standards and regulations pertaining to the specific duties and responsibilities of the job. Ability to keep abreast of any changes in policy, methods, and operations as they pertain to departmental and construction operations and activities. Is able to effectively communicate and interact with subordinates, contractors, management, employees, and members of the general public and all other groups involved in the activities of the City as they relate to the department. Ability to prepare and present detailed reports, analyses, and recommendations. Ability to assemble information and make written reports and documents in a concise, clear, and effective manner. Have good organizational, management, human relations, and technical skills. Is able to use independent judgment and discretion in managing subordinates including the handling of emergency situations, determining and deciding upon procedures to be implemented, maintaining standards, and resolving problems. Has the ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply regulations, procedures, and related information. Ability to understand and interpret construction management and engineering reports and related materials. Ability to utilize and understand computer applications and techniques as necessary in completing of daily assignments. Ability to perform less complex engineering calculations and computations.