Under the supervision of the Criminal Investigations Commander, this position is to research, compile, and report information in support of criminal investigations, identify trends and patterns through analysis of intelligence data gathered from various sources including but not limited to social media, arrest data, and other crime related data.
Essential Job Duties
- Analyzes arrests by type, known offenders, and suspected offenders of criminal activity to establish timelines in order to produce suspect / crime correlation to provide suspect leads and targets for surveillance or directed patrol.
- Provides investigative research to patrol or detectives assigned to an incident.
- Analyzes social media for suspects pertaining to investigations by the Criminal Investigations Division, as well as, negative sentiment against the Acworth Police Department, the City of Acworth and its employees.
- Recommends investigative strategy and coordinate information exchange between the department and outside agencies detectives.
- Responds to the Chief of Police and other units of the department for meetings and briefings.
- Develops and fosters relationships with local community groups and businesses in accordance with department objectives.
- Researches, compiles, and reports information in support of criminal investigations.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Performs general/clerical tasks, which may include answering telephone calls, typing documents, making copies, sending/receiving faxes, filing documentation, or processing incoming/outgoing mail.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from a fully accredited institution preferred in Criminology, Social Science, Psychology or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess a valid Georgia Driver's License.
- Must maintain GCIC certification.
- Knowledge of Records Management Systems a plus.
- Must pass a background investigation, post-offer polygraph and drug screen.
For more information and to fill out an application, please visit
* * * * The City of Acworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *