We hiring for a Vehicle Maintenance Technician. Candidates interested in this position can submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An employee in this position performs skilled mechanical work in the repairing and maintenance of operational equipment. Work involves servicing Police vehicles and Public Works vehicles; maintaining all City vehicles and equipment; serving as Equipment Operator; serving as a backup driver for garbage packers and tractor trailer; and cleaning and repairing all shop equipment, tools, and area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Changes oil and filters, belts, lights, etc.; repairs flat tires, brakes, etc.
- Uses the welding equipment in designing and building.
- Serves as an Equipment Operator with a Class “A” license.
- Welds and uses a cutting torch as required.
- Helps to plan projects; offers suggestions.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs mechanical and electrical vehicle malfunctions; provides routine preventive maintenance; adjusts, removes and/or replaces parts and components.
- Receives and/or reviews various records and reports such as records for services, records for brakes, records for lights, records for outside work on vehicles, and weekly reports.
- Prepares and/or processes various records and reports such as vehicle service records, brake service records, light replacement records, repair records outside City shop, and weekly activity reports.
- Refers to weekly activity reports, vehicle service records, brake service records, outside shop records, light replacement records policy and procedure manuals, codes / laws / regulations, publications and reference texts, etc.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as backhoe, uniloader, trucks, lift truck, pressure washer, brake lathe, etc.
- Uses a variety of tools such as hand tools (wrenches, sockets, driver, etc.), air tools, impact tools, welders, cutting torches, etc.; and a variety of supplies such as oil, filters, brake pads, truck tires, wire connecter, grease and lube, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the Foreman, Police Officers, Public Works employees, Public Works Supervisors, Parks employees, and the general public.
- Serves as Equipment Operator with uniloader, rubber tire, backhoe, etc.
- Uses a uniloader to push debris into a transfer station and load into top loading compactor trailer.
- Helps with grading and building of projects such as sidewalks, structures, building repair, and landscaping; works out of a bucket lift truck when needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent and ten (10) years of experience in equipment operation and maintenance, with one (1) to two (2) years of experience in the operation of motorized equipment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
Must possess a valid State Class A CDL Driver’s License.
Certified in pump repair required.