June 5, 2018
June 19, 2018
Under the general supervision of the Lead City Marshal, enforces city codes and ordinances, investigates complaints and violations and conducts inspection of existing structures for compliance with housing codes.
Essential Job Duties
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Responds to complaints of city code violations and investigates possible infractions, conducts site visits to determine validity of complaints or to enforce codes; interviews witnesses and gathers information.
- Inspects existing housing/property and determines compliance or non-compliance of housing and/or construction codes and ordinances; conducts inspections of building construction.
- Patrols the city daily to inspect for potential code violations.
- Identifies code violations and initiates any actions necessary to correct deviations or violations;
- Maintains records of inspection/enforcement activities; makes photographic or video records of sites.
- Receives payments for business license fees or other fees/services; records payments and issues receipts; forward to revenues as appropriate.
- Communicates with supervisor, employees, other departments, city officials, residents, property owners, businesses, contractors, law enforcement personnel, court officials, utility personnel, community service workers, the public, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks, such as answering telephone calls, recording messages, assisting the public at front desk, issuing permits, or receiving plans for review.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED; supplemented by two (2) years previous experience and/or training involving code enforcement or law enforcement, with supplemental knowledge and experience in building inspections or the construction trades; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Must be sworn in as City Marshal.
**This is a 1-year, cdbg grant-funded position. continuance of position after 1 year will depend on availability of grant funds**
- Must successfully pass criminal background, Motor Vehicle Record and credit check.
Applications must be submitted Online
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *