June 4, 2018
Open until filled
Under the direct supervision of the Sanitation Supervisor, performs a variety of unskilled or semi-skilled manual labor in the division of Sanitation and/or Recycling, collecting and disposing of the City’s residential debris and trash. Assists in other divisions of Public Works as assigned.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled manual labor duties in connection with the City's water and sewer line installation, maintenance, and/or repair.
- Picks up garbage and yard waste on an assigned route; loads trucks; distributes trash bags.
- Participates in cleaning equipment and performing preventive maintenance; makes minor repairs to equipment.
- May operate a variety of trucks and equipment in performing tasks.
- Inspects equipment and assigned work area for safety hazards.
- May occasionally be called upon to drive light City vehicle (i.e., pick-up truck) in performance of job duties.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Performs related work as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED; supplemented by five months previous experience and/or training that includes construction work or equipment operation; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess a current, valid Georgia Driver's License.
- Must successfully pass criminal background and Motor Vehicle checks.
- Must successfully pass post-offer drug screening.
Applications must be submitted Online
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *