This is a senior level managerial position responsible for the management of the City Engineering division of Public Works. This position oversees the private site development and erosion control review process, manages NPDES and MS4 program compliance, and is assigned special engineering related projects from time to time. This position manages staff assigned to the division and may be called upon assist the Transportation Engineer to manage and/or implement transportation improvement projects from time to time.
• Plans, manages, and directs the daily activities of the City Engineering staff of the Public Works Department
• Coordinates the site plan review process among multiple departments for all private developments within the City.
• Oversees the review of site and erosion control plans for private developments within the City.
• Reviews hydrology studies and flood studies as needed in support of development activities.
• Responsible for maintaining the City General Stormwater Discharge Permit in accordance with all regulatory and MS4 requirements including
• Responsible for the NPDES Storm Water Management Program including compliance, public education, and enforcement activities.
• Responsible for management and enforcement of the Stream Buffer Protection, Flood Plain Management/Flood Damage Prevention, Soil Erosion Sediment and Pollution Control, Post Development Stormwater Management, Illicit Discharge Elimination, and other related ordinances within the City.
• Works with engineers, architects, developers and builders on design, approval and construction of private developments.
• Works with Planning, Zoning, Fire, Water and Sewer, and other departments to review and approve private development plans.
• Supervises and directs the work of subordinate staff and ensures that qualified personnel are hired and perform quality work.
• Monitors productivity and workflow of the division and resolves situations to ensure goals and objectives are achieved.
• Checks property legal descriptions.
• Checks floodway boundaries in field and on city maps.
• Receives and responds to citizen complaints and inquiries regarding related matters.
• Prepares annual division operating and capital budget requests submitted to the Public Works Director and is responsible for operating within budget limits established for the division.
• Conducts evaluations of the City storm sewer system in conjunction with the Transportation Program Manager and manages implementation of storm sewer remediation projects.
• Investigates, updates, and reports on related engineering related matters to City Council.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.