If you already have an active application on file DO NOT submit another paper application. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
and make a request to have your application submitted for the position you are interested in.
How to Submit Applications:
8700 Hospital Drive Douglasville, GA 30134
- Faxes are not accepted
- E-mail the application and any required documents to email@example.com
- or mail to: Douglas County Human Resources
Applications can be downloaded at our website: celebratedouglascounty.com. Under “Hot Spots”, click on the “Employment Opportunities” link. The application link is on the right hand side of the Human Resources webpage under “Downloadable Documents”. Applications can also be obtained from the HR Department on the 1st
floor of the Douglas County Courthouse.
Department of Transportation - Administration
Utility Permit & Construction Inspector
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filled
This position reports to the Program Delivery Engineer and works closely with the Utility & Construction Engineer on all utility permitting and construction activities within Douglas County right-of- way. Under general supervision, this position reviews and approves utility permit requests from public utility companies, schedules, coordinates and inspects permitted construction of commercial and residential roadway and driveway access and public utilities on the County right-of-way. The Utility Permit and Construction Inspector also enforces the rules and regulations for control and protection of County right-of-way and ensures the Department of Transportation and development code guidelines are met as applicable. Maintains and documents an accurate record of permits and right-of-way activities including road construction, utility permits and construction activities.
- High school diploma or GED, supplemented by college-level or vocational course work in a related field
- Preferred – Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university with major field of study in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field
- Background experience in highway construction or general construction technique and standards; public works or utility design
- Requires knowledge of MUTCD requirements for work zones and lane restrictions; GDOT standard specifications for roadway construction; Douglas County roadway system and geography; ASTM requirements for testing and construction techniques
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Employee will be expected to be an active member of Utility groups, Utility Associations of similar organizations
- Must have and maintain a valid United States Driver's License (Class C),a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR) and the ability and willingness to drive a county vehicle; if assigned job duties require the use of a vehicle
- Minimum 21 years of age
Employment is contingent on passing a mandatory Physical/Drug Screen/MVR and Background Investigation.
$45,794.32 annual ($22.01 hourly), plus full benefits package
Résumés may be attached, but a résumé without a completed application will not