If you already have an active application on file DO NOT submit another paper application. Email email@example.com
and make a request to have your application submitted for the position you are interested in.
How to Submit Applications:
- Faxes are not accepted
- E-mail the application and any required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or mail to: Douglas County Human Resources 8700 Hospital Drive Douglasville, GA 30134
Applications can be downloaded at our website: celebratedouglascounty.com. Under “Hot Spots”, click on the “Employment Opportunities” link. The application link is on the right hand side of the Human Resources webpage under “Downloadable Documents”. Applications can also be obtained from the HR Department on the 1st
floor of the Douglas County Courthouse.
Department of Transportation - Maintenance & Construction
Road Maintenance Foreman
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
This is a supervisory position under the direction of the Road Maintenance Superintendent. Under general direction serve as the Road Maintenance Foreman responsible for assisting in the direction of personnel and equipment assigned to a road crew ,exercising immediate supervision over personnel and equipment assigned to construction and maintenance projects and acting for the Road Superintendent in his absence. Additional responsibilities will include training personnel in safety procedures, preventive maintenance techniques, and enforcing compliance with the same, coordinating and planning the activities of a crew while operating heavy equipment to accomplish all types of road maintenance and construction tasks, completing required documents, forms, or reports and maintaining a positive working relationship within the department.
- High school diploma/GED, supplemented by college-level or vocational course work in a related field
- Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university with major field of study in a related discipline is preferred
- Ten years professional related work experience in bridge construction or maintenance, two of which were performed in a supervisory capacity
- Mandatory - must have and maintain a valid Georgia Driver's License (Class A) at time of application
- National Safety Council Flagging certified, or certification within six months of employment
- International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Work Zone Safety certified, or certification within six months of employment
- National Safety Council Traffic Control Zone Supervisor’s certified, or certification within six months of employment
- Must have and maintain a valid United States Driver's License (Class C),a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR) and the ability and willingness to drive a county vehicle; if assigned job duties require the use of a vehicle
- Minimum 21 years of age
Employment is contingent on passing a mandatory Physical/Drug Screen/MVR and Background Investigation.
$35,882.29 - $54,597.92 annual ($17.25- $26.24 hourly) based on experience and qualifications, plus full benefits package
Résumés may be attached, but a résumé without a completed application will not