Personal Property Appraiser
This position is responsible for locating and appraising personal property in order to assist with the development and documentation of the county tax digest. The position requires both field and office work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Processes personal property returns by reviewing and verifying reports, obtaining the necessary schedules, and assigning new property values;
Compiles and enters personal property data to the computer;
Performs desktop audits as necessary;
Values motor vehicles under appeal using appraisal guides, physical inspection and information gathered from taxpayer;
Maintains pre-bill manufactured home digest, performs field appraisals of manufactured homes, provides information to update property tax rolls to include all mobile homes located in the city and county from building permits, certificates of permanent location and titles;
Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Qualified Applicants shall possess a High School Diploma or Equivalent; Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Real Estate, Construction, Business, Public Administration or a related field (sufficient experience can be substituted for degree).
2. Candidates must not be less than twenty-one (21) years of age.
3. Candidates must possess a minimum of an Appraiser I certification, as mandated by the Georgia Department of Revenue, or have the ability to attain Appraiser I within 12 months.
4. Candidates must also be computer literate and be skilled in both written and oral communications and have an understanding of basic mathematics. Must possess a valid Georgia driver's license.
5. The candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to relate to a wide variety of people. The candidate must also have the ability to interact with other county departments and regulatory agencies.
Employment contingent upon passing a background check, physical exam, and post offer drug screen.
To Apply: Applications for employment may be optained at the Lumpkin County Human Resources Office located at 99 Courthouse Hill, Suite A, Dahlonega, GA 30533 or on the county's website www.lumpkincounty.gov
Résumés without a fully completed application will not be considered.
Send, fax or email application to:
Director of Community & Employee Services
99 Courthouse Hill, Suite A
Dahlonega, GA 30533
Fax (706) 864-4760