Three Rivers Regional Commission Workforce Development
Business Services Manager
Salary: $50K to $60K DOQ
The Business Services Specialist is responsible for identifying, developing and maintaining new business opportunities for Workforce Development (Area 8). This person will serve as the primary point of contact with employers, businesses, development organizations, and will administer, monitor, and develop On-The-Job (OJT) training program contacts. This individual may provide assistance with worksite development for work experience, internship, workplace fundamentals and potential apprenticeship programs. S/He will develop employer relationships to assist case managers with job search assistance for registered clients. Duties include attending and participating in business and employer-oriented meetings; soliciting employer participation in Workforce Development’s OJT program, workplace fundamentals training, and employer-led training programs. This person will negotiate and assist in writing contracts for OJTs and training programs with employment tied outcomes. This position works out of the Griffin, GA office, and reports to the Program Manager.
Summary of Duties:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Builds and maintains employer relationships for the purpose of identifying their employment and training needs.
- Meets regularly with industry associations, chambers of commerce, businesses, and state and local agencies to assess training needs and develop programs and services to lead to OJT agreements.
- Promotes services by visiting businesses, attending business events and chambers of commerce functions, and through presentations at business gatherings, to increase participation in the program and identify job opportunities.
- Provides job development support by working closely with Career Facilitators and program participants to meet programmatic goals.
- Performs all administrative functions for OJT contracts; which include writing, modifying and reviewing contracts and need to understand the components of a contract.
- Assists with outreach and completion of worksite agreements for work experience, as needed.
- Assists in the negotiation process of contracts with employers by conducting employer pre-award reviews, determining appropriate stipulations and contract requirements and arranging for referrals of WIA eligible applicants for employer consideration in conjunction with the Career Facilitators.
- Assists in oversight to ensure that employers comply with federal and state contract requirements.
- Research and examines labor market information, employment trends, and in-demand occupations to assist in the development of Local Area Plan and approval of new training providers or programs.
- Evaluates OJT contracts which include reviewing costs and conducting performance evaluations to determine the feasibility and effectiveness of contracts.
- Determines available OJT funds and appropriate reimbursement through contract negotiation and budget reviews.
- Interacts with potential employers to explain OJT procedures, policies and requirements.
- Prepares and processes various reports, records, and documents such as invoices, accruals, performance reports, job order forms, etc.
- Maintains OJT files which include accounting and budgeting records and contract documents.
- Reviews and makes recommendations concerning monthly contractor expense reports which include completing budget worksheets, entering amounts, and balancing accounts.
- Communicates and interacts effectively in a professional manner with various persons and groups in completing job activities to include the general public, co-workers, State officials, contractors, employers, applicants, and WIA participants.
- Ability to learn via online and via webinar and transfer into real world scenarios.
- Communicate professionally with direct managers and other staff managers and HR personnel.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of marketing material regarding WDTRRC and its activities. Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, marketing, human resources or in a related field. Must have 1-2 years of experience in human service or human resources, contract negotiations, direct/outsides sales and professional recruiting. MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL 75% OF THE TIME IN PERSONAL VEHICLE. An applicant will be reimbursed for mileage. Presentation skills, oral and written communication skills are essential to this position.
Must have valid driver’s license and operate a vehicle with appropriate liability insurance with no business exclusion and ability to drive throughout a multi-county service area. Must have a good work history including references and must conform to standards of conduct, present a professional appearance and business demeanor. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and/or overtime if needed; some overnight travel may be required. Must be able to lift at least thirty pounds and pass required background and drug upon offer.
WIOA experience; and training, experience, credential or licensure in job analysis or job profiling is a plus. Developing and enforcing Contracts.
Three Rivers Regional Commissions offers an exceptional compensation and benefits packet. This position will remain open until it is filled.
Please apply on www.indeed.com or send your resumes to