Employment Opportunities >> Public Safety
Cochran Police Department
Posted: Jun. 25, 2018
End Date: Jul. 31, 2018
Police Officer – Patrol Division
Under general supervision the applicant is expected to perform field duties relating to response to emergencies, general and directed patrol, investigation of crimes and other incidents, traffic enforcement and control, assisting in crime prevention activities, and other law enforcement services and duties as required. A significant degree of initiative, independent judgment, and discretion is required of incumbents to develop, maintain, and successfully perform tasks in a community oriented, problem solving approach to policing.
• High School diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree or higher is preferred.
• Minimum 21 years of age.
• No Felony convictions and no serious misdemeanor convictions.
• Must be a citizen of the United States.
• Must meet/pass background requirements.
• Must pass a fit for duty physical and drug screen.
• Work evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or rotating shifts as required.
Minimum salary $16.05/Hr $35,053.20/Yr PLUS holiday and overtime pay.
Competitive benefits package including retirement, medical, vision, dental, life, and disability.
Please contact City Clerk Tracy Jones for more information.
Application can be obtained online at cityofcochran.com
The position is open until filled.