The Loganville Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Detective
. All applicants must possess Georgia POST Peace Officer Certification. Applicants for this position must have a minimum of three years experience as a peace officer. Previous investigative experience is highly desirable.
Applicants must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license. Applicants must pass a background investigation, psychological exam, polygraph examination, medical examination and an oral interview board.
- Excellent defined benefit retirement plan (One of the best in Georgia) with multiple retirement options including early retirement at age 55. City contributes 100% towards this plan
- Optional 457b employee contribution deferred compensation retirement plan;
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave;
- City pays 100% of employee medical/dental coverage and 75% of dependent coverage;
- Employee’s choice of Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO or HMO plan;
- City paid employee life insurance and short term disability policies;
- All uniforms and equipment furnished;
- Take home car program for qualifying officers;
- The police department has an active training program, with numerous training opportunities.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants should contact Assistant Chief M.D. Lowry for an application and background investigation package.
Loganville Police Department
Assistant Chief M.D. Lowry email@example.com