NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
Water Treatment Plant Operator
End Date: UNTIL FILLED
The City of Monroe is now accepting applications for the position of Water Treatment Plant Operator. This position is responsible for operating a wastewater treatment plant.
Qualified applicants must:
· Have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
· Have possession of or ability to readily obtain an appropriate state-certified license for water or wastewater treatment or distribution as appropriate. Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
To perform this position successfully applicants must have…
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of citizens or employees of the City.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The City of Monroe offers a comprehensive benefit package. Salary range for this position is: Level III $30,437 to $45,655 Level II $33,247 to $50,923 Level I $34,988-$53,589. Actual starting salary within this range is dependent upon applicant’s qualifications. Applications may be obtained at City Hall, 215 N. Broad Street, Monroe, GA 30655 or printed from the City website at www.monroega.com
(under Government/Job Opportunities). A full job description is available at City Hall. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed application but may be attached. Completed job applications must be returned to/received by City Hall at the above address or by mail to City of Monroe, attn.: HR, PO Box 1249, Monroe, GA, 30655, no later than 7/2/18 at 5:00 pm.
The City of Monroe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Certified Drug-Free Work Place.
Per Georgia Code 34-9-414 be advised that the City of Monroe does pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, post rehabilitation, and routine fitness-for-duty (random) drug testing.