Development Support Services Director
: Development Support Services
: July 13, 2018
: July 27, 2018
: The Director of Development Support Services manages the planning & zoning, permitting, building inspection, and code enforcement functions of Tift County government. At a minimum, the Director will:
- Represent the County at all Planning Commission, Zoning Appeals Board, County Commission meetings and related public hearings.
- Respond to & process requests for changes to current zoning and land use ordinances and maps to include appeals; work with Tift County staff, elected officials, the public, contractors, and developers to resolve issues related to zoning, residential and commercial development and construction; prepare and present all necessary staff reports to the appropriate governing body.
- Review plat submittals to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, ordinances, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Oversee and assist departmental staff with residential and commercial plan reviews.
- Oversee and assist departmental staff with field inspection of new construction, modification to existing structures and mobile home installation inclusive of but not limited to: electrical, plumbing and HVAC installation.
- Oversee and assist departmental staff in the performance of code enforcement compliance inspections.
: The preferred candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, engineering, architecture or related field and possess a minimum of (5) years of relevant experience. However, any combination of equivalent education, training, and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities is acceptable.
: Commensurate with experience and training.
All applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, drug screen and physical. Qualified Applicants may submit an application and résumé
via mail to Human Resources, Attention: Mike Walker, P.O. Box 826, Tifton, GA 31793 or in person at the Charles Kent Administration Building, 225 N. Tift Avenue, Suite 204, Tifton, Ga. Applications may be obtained by visiting www.tiftcounty.org
or in person at the Charles Kent Building.
For more detailed position responsibilities or additional information, contact: Tift County Human Resources at (229)386-7850.