This position under the direction of the Finance Director is to assist with the maintenance of current and accurate accounting records for all City of Tybee Island financial transactions. This position requires performing general ledger governmental accounting, capital asset accounting, capital project management accounting, budgeting and grant management accounting. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Federal, State and government policies and procedures, and performing additional tasks as assigned. Work is reviewed through reports, conferences, and by observation of results obtained.
: Please refer to the Accountant Job Description for the details of the positions job responsibilities. The position’s job description is available online
or at City Hall, 403 Butler Avenue, Tybee Island, GA. 31328.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting or finance required or a related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in performing governmental accounting for a municipal or county government or other governmental agency; that includes experience in general ledger accounting of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and capital assets, budgeting and grants management;
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the Finance Department and other departments within the City;
- Must possess and maintain a Georgia Driver’s License; and
- Ability to be bonded
Applicants contacted for an interview for this position will be required to complete a proficiency test.
OTHER EMPLOYMENT SCREENING:
- Background check including credit check, criminal history check and driver’s record check;
- Drug and alcohol screening test;
Applications are available online at www.cityoftybee.org
or at City Hall, 403 Butler Avenue, Tybee Island, GA. 31328. Please mail application and resume to: Human Resources, P. O. Box 2749, Tybee Island, Georgia 31328, or email to email@example.com
Depends on qualifications
Open Until Filled
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, martial or veteran status, the presence of a disability or any other legally protected status.