Position Title: Administrative Coordinator
Annual Minimum Salary: $33,445.56
Hourly Rate: $16.07
Pay Grade: 14
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Department: Public Works
Division: Motor Pool
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Public Works Department is accepting applications for the position of full time Administrative Coordinator in the Motor Pool Division. This position is responsible for coordinating the administrative functions of vehicle and equipment repair shop. Requisitions repair parts. Stocks parts and maintains related inventory records. Maintains fuel and oil inventory; repurchases as needed. Maintains inventory records. Researches vendor prices and availability. Orders parts and supplies as needed; prepares purchase requisitions. Completes monthly reports. Maintains vehicle files and records. Opens and closes work orders. Performs annual inventories. Answers telephone and radio calls; provides information and assistance.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, city and departmental policies and procedures, computers and job-related software programs, inventory management principles, city purchasing policies and procedures
- Skill, in prioritizing and organizing work, provision of customer services, maintenance of files and records, use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier, oral and written communication
- At least one (1) year experience in a related field
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- High school diploma or GED
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical
All online applications must
be processed through www.valdostacity.com
. To be fully considered, applicants must submit a completed City of Valdosta Application Form to Berna Hepburn
, or apply at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601. A resume cannot be submitted as a substitute for the application form; it is for additional information only. Sorry, we do not accept late applications.
Please visit our website www.valdostacity.com
for all open positions we currently accept applications for and for application instructions. The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package.
The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information, go to http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees/e-verify-overview.