Position Title: Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Trainee
Annual Minimum Salary: $28,840.00
Pay Grade: 11
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Facility: Mud Creek
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Utilities Department is accepting applications for the position of full time Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Trainee. This position is in training to perform administrative and technical duties in the operation of a wastewater treatment plant, monitors plant for proper operation and to ensure compliance with all state and federal permit requirements, makes process control decisions for permitted effluent discharge, ensures compliance with safe work policies and procedures, performs equipment checks, collects samples; performs laboratory analyses to ensure that treatment facilities are operating efficiently; carries out corrective actions, makes rounds of plants; reads gauges and meters; records readings, maintains chemical analysis records; prepares logs, records, and reports, including required local, state, and federal reports, prepares a variety of regular and special reports, and attends required training classes.
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment plant principles, operations, and equipment, chemistry, mathematics, and biology, safe work principles and practices, computers and job-related software programs, department policies and procedures, and federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Skills in the operation and maintenance of mechanical and electronic equipment, operation of heavy equipment, operation of hand and power tools, planning, organization, and decision making, oral and written communication
- At least one (1) year experience in a related field a plus
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Satisfactorily complete required correspondence coursework within the six-month probationary period and have a State Board of Examiners Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Class III license within one year of employment
- High school diploma or GED
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical
All online applications must
be processed through www.valdostacity.com
. To be fully considered, applicants must submit a completed City of Valdosta Application Form to Berna Hepburn
, or apply at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601. A resume cannot be submitted as a substitute for the application form; it is for additional information only. Sorry, we do not accept late applications.
Please visit our website www.valdostacity.com
for all open positions we currently accept applications for and for application instructions.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information, go to http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees/e-verify-overview.