Position Title: Light Equipment Operator
Annual Minimum Salary: $27,450.33
Hourly Rate: $13.19
Pay Grade: 10
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Division: Street Maintenance
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Engineering Department is accepting applications for the position of full time Light Equipment Operator in the Street Maintenance Division. This position operates assigned vehicles and light equipment in the maintenance of city streets and stormwater systems. Operates a truck and trailer to transport equipment and materials to and from work sites. Operates a bush hog and other mowing equipment. Operates a tractor to apply herbicides to drainage ditches. Operates a variety of equipment used in the repair and maintenance of streets. Patches asphalt and fills potholes. Maintains radio contact with dispatchers to send and receive information. Maintains assigned vehicles and equipment; performs pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections. Assists in traffic control at work sites.
- Knowledge of the techniques, equipment, and supplies used in street and drainage system maintenance, city and departmental safety policies and procedures, geography of the city, including street names and locations
- Skills in the operation of assigned vehicles, trucks and light equipment, prioritizing and organizing work, use of hand and power tools, oral and written communication
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations
- At least one (1) year experience in a related field
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- High school diploma or GED
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical
All online applications must
be processed through www.valdostacity.com
. To be fully considered, applicants must submit a completed City of Valdosta Application Form to Berna Hepburn
, or apply at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601. A resume cannot be submitted as a substitute for the application form; it is for additional information only. Sorry, we do not accept late applications.
Please visit our website www.valdostacity.com
for all open positions we currently accept applications for and for application instructions.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information, go to http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees/e-verify-overview