The Brookhaven Convention & Visitors Bureau (BCVB) is accepting resumes for its first Executive Director. Brookhaven, GA is located in northern DeKalb County directly northeast of Atlanta.
The purpose of this job is to actively support and lead the development and implementation of the Bureau’s vision, strategies, goals and objectives approved by the Board. The Director must assume and display a leadership role in the development and execution of the long-term business plan. The Director will review and approve all staff and agency proposals, plans and work product prior to presentation to the Bureau or its Committees while working within the established budget, focusing on making Brookhaven a premiere travel destination.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Serves as the official representative for the Brookhaven Convention and Visitors Bureau and provides communication between the BCVB, community partners and industry organizations.
• Reports to the Board of Directors and manages all input, feedback and direction.
• Plans and prepares quarterly board meetings and provides financial, marketing and sales reports to the Board.
• Responsible for preparation and presentation of quarterly reports to the Brookhaven City Council.
• Manage and oversee the development of a comprehensive marketing strategy which shall help define Brookhaven’s identity and messaging about Brookhaven as a consumer destination.
• Manage relationships with local business, vendors and outside sources.
• Develop annual budget and revenue management plan.
• Overall management of the day-to-day operation of the BCVB.
• Work with community partners to create and develop tourism opportunities.
• Develop, implement and manage the short and long term strategic goals of the BCVB.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, public relations, communications, hospitality and tourism or related field, required.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience as an Executive Director or head of marketing at a City, County or State convention and visitor’s bureau.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work with little to no supervision.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites as well as database technology.
• Strong people and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced, work environment.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours to include some evening and weekend work.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Previous supervisory experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee sits in an office or computer room.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee regularly works in a normal office environment.
• The employee performs some duties outdoors while conducting official business which will require local travel.
• Willing to work overtime, weekends, on call and holidays, and may be required to assist in special events.
Brookhaven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to apply: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=10933&clientkey=6B98DD9E9683D0CB4209844E04C68E62