This position is responsible for the maintenance of all city parks, facilities, landscaped areas, and equipment and the daily supervision of Parks Maintenance Laborers.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs all work necessary and assists the Parks Operations Manager and Parks Foreman in the directing of Parks Maintenance Laborers in keeping all city parks, facilities, landscaped areas, and equipment safe, clean and routinely maintained. Tasks may include, but are not limited to mowing, blowing, edging, trimming grass, landscaped and paved areas, preparation of sports fields for practice and games, maintenance and installation of playground mulch, cleaning of restrooms, minor irrigation repair, simple plumbing repairs, application of fertilizers and herbicides, ascending or descending ladders, clearing of underbrush, installation of new landscaping, occasionally directing traffic, dragging and cleaning of beaches, trash removal and equipment maintenance.
- Delivers accurate and timely reports of vandalism, injuries, safety issues, damage to property, needed repairs, and low inventories of supplies to the attention of the Parks Operations Manager, Parks Superintendent, and Parks Foreman.
- Follows and practices all safety and regulatory standards in the field.
- Works cooperatively and leads in a group setting and by oneself with limited supervision to complete the assigned task(s).
- Provides quality customer service to park and facility visitors.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED; supplemented by some knowledge of turf grass maintenance, landscaping, irrigation repair, painting, simple plumbing, general carpentry, janitorial duties, and/or small equipment operation and maintenance; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess a current, valid Georgia Driver's License.
- A valid Georgia CDL License preferred.
- Must successfully pass criminal background and Motor Vehicle checks.
- Must successfully pass post-offer drug screening.
Applications must be submitted online at: www.acworth.org
* * * * The City of Acworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *