Senior Water Distribution Field Technician
16 Salary Range:
Senior Manager, Utilities
This position performs technical duties in the operation, repair and maintenance of the water distribution system.
- Collects monthly bacterial and chlorine residual samples for the Environmental Protection Division (EPD).
- Prepares monthly EPD water quality reports.
- Collects quarterly TTHM/HAA5 samples; coordinates with laboratory and reports results.
- Calibrates chlorine analyzers and adjusts doses; refreshes chemicals; cleans and makes repairs.
- Prepares annual water quality reports for EPD and customers.
- Records weekly and monthly vault readings.
- Responds to after-hours emergencies.
- Performs annual back-flow testing and prepares related reports.
- Assists in the repair of leaks.
- Assists in the installation of new service connections.
- Installs and maintains automatic flushers.
- Cleans, reconditions and maintains chemical pumps.
- Maintains assigned vehicle.
- Responds to and resolves customer complaints.
- Flushes hydrants.
- Orders parts and supplies.
- Performs related duties.
This position must have a Class II-Water Operator License
All positions are advertised on the Barrow County website @ www.barrowga.org
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years’ experience or service.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain an appropriate state-certified license for water or wastewater treatment or distribution as appropriate.
All position are posted at minimum salary unless salary range is listed
Safety Sensitive positions are subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks
Barrow County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.