This position is responsible for protecting lives and property endangered by fires and other emergency situations. This position also must be able to provide a high level of pre-hospital advanced emergency medical care to sick and/or injured patients of all ages
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the National Fire Protection Association and the Georgia Firefighter Standards and Training Act.
- Licensure or other Certifications: EMT-I or A certification required.
- Current EMT-I or A registration in the State of Georgia.
- Current CPR and NIMS compliant
Please submit all certifications with your application. Any application submited without proof of certifications attached will not be considered.
Habersham County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
: All applicants must complete a Habersham County Fire Department Employment Application which can be downloaded from our website www.habershamga.com
and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
. You may also submit your application to the Human Resources Department, Administration Building (Located on the 1st
floor in the Old Courthouse), 555 Monroe Street, Clarkesville, GA 30523. For more information please call (706) 839-0214.