The City of Thomaston is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer
(full-time). The City of Thomaston Certified Police Officer work twelve hour shifts with varying days off. Sworn Officers are a part of the take home vehicle program. The position starting pay is $36,096.25 (certified), $34,214.46 (non-certified).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated and possession of a motor vehicle record insurable under the city’s insurance plan.
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the Police Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.) for the State of Georgia and to maintain Georgia Basic Peace Officer Certification.
- Must be able to successfully pass an extensive background to included, but not limited to drivers history and criminal history.
- Must be able to successfully pass a psychological screen and voice stress analysis exam.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Applicants must complete a City of Thomaston Employment Application which can be found on the City website, www.cityofthomaston.com
, or pick up an application at Thomaston City Hall, 106 E. Lee St., Thomaston, GA 30286. Applications may be mailed or hand-delivered to Rebecca Zebe – Human Resources Director, City of Thomaston, 106 E. Lee St., Thomaston, GA. 30286.
The City of Thomaston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting open until the position is filled or pulled.