Oversees and coordinates the inspection of construction and/or repairs of roads, sidewalks, curbs and drainage structures and administers contracts as assigned.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining and completing employee performance appraisals. *
- Prepares and/or reviews construction plans or drawings for construction projects. *
- Determines type and quantity of construction materials needed. *
- Inspects storm sewer drainage and environmental problems. *
- Inspects bridges, culverts and other infrastructures. *
- Proposes plans to remedy problems and performs needed maintenance work. *
- Prepares work orders. *
- Coordinates Roads and Drainage operations with Department and County staff, and other agencies. *
- Reviews construction plans and drawings, construction and safety manuals, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, (DOT) construction standards and specifications, construction materials manuals, equipment manuals and other resources in performing assigned duties. *
- Trains subordinates in those phases of construction operations necessary for them to accomplish their essential functions.
- Ensures that subordinate supervisors train their employees to accomplish essential functions.
- Approves pay estimates for work performed by contractors for County projects.
- Ensures accuracy of as-builts on water and sewer projects, safety of water (water quality) and safety of sewer lines.
- Issues permits for utility work within County right-of-way.
* Indicates an "essential" job function.
Associate’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or a related field; six years of experience in public works construction, civil engineering or a related field, one year of which must have included inspection experience. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver’s License. A combination of training and experience will be considered.