Job Title : Executive Director
Department: Dublin-Laurens County Recreation Authority
Location: Dublin, Georgia
Application Deadline: September 21, 2018 (Amended 8/27/2018)
Education &/OR Experience Prefer BS Degree in Recreation Administration or related field 7 years of progressively responsible experience including a minimum of 5 year- Administrative/Supervisory experience
Dublin-Laurens County Recreation Authority will be seeking applications for the position
Executive Director. DLCRA has a legal Recreation Authority Board established (through State
Legislation) with a seven member Authority Board composed of 2 Dublin City Councilpersons, 2
Laurens County Commissioners, 1 Dublin City appointment, 1 County appointment, and 1 joint
Appointment by City and County. The chosen candidate will be expected to oversee a program,
Administer and develop a wide range of athletics, special events, and cultural programs. The
Authority maintains and operates Southern Pines Regional Park, Southern Pines Ag & Expo
Center and construction is on-going developing a new waterpark, plus numerous neighborhood
and community parks. The candidate should develop and maintain a positive working
relationship with the City of Dublin and Laurens County.
Some duties include but are not limited to setting goals, administering a veteran staff,
developing and managing the Authority budget, creating and implementing internal
guidelines and insuring policies are adhered too. Insuring that facilities and equipment are
AS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – their focus is on supervision of all facets of Recreation Services.
ED reports directly to the Dublin-Laurens County Recreation Authority.
- Sets work standards and establishes work schedules.
- Directly supervises management team and other employees of Authority
- Manages operations of the Authority and various activities of personnel providing activity.
- Ensures all personnel are adequately trained
- Coordinates activities using volunteers
- Makes sure all facilities, playgrounds are safe and clean
- Develops and monitors Authority Budget
- General knowledge to supervise SPLOST Funds, grants, donations
- Prepares and receives bids for projects associated with the Authority
- Represents the Authority at Recreational events, meetings and functions.
- Responds to and resolves requests inquiries, complaints and suggestions.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Administration or related field OR 7 years of progressively responsible experience including a minimum of 5 years Administrative/Supervisory experience.
- Must have a drivers valid license
- Has the ability to comprehend-interpret and apply regulations, procedures and related information.
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft office (word – excel – publisher and power point).
- Able to use good judgement and discretion and deciding upon procedures to be implemented, setting priorities, maintaining standards and resolving problems.
- Possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Has the ability to schedule daily activities and to establish short and long term priorities.
- Skilled in independent decision-making, judgment and discretion as necessary to perform daily and non-routine tasks.
Please mail resume- emailed or faxed résumé will not be accepted.
Must have by Friday, August 31st.
PO Box 689
Dublin, GA 31040