Position Title: Utility Locator Technician (5049)
Annual Minimum Salary: $31,292.36
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Facility: Utilities Building
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Pay Grade: 12
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Utilities Department is accepting applications for the position of full time Utility Locator Technician. This position locates water and sewer lines and other system components, receives and processes locate request, closes work orders in GA 811 database, uses electronic detection device to identify the location of water and sewer facilities, assists contractors in locating water and sewer mains and valves, responds to after-hours emergency requests, maintains assigned vehicles and equipment, maintains records of daily locates, performs excavations as needed, and lifts manhole covers.
- Knowledge of underground utility locating principles and practices, map reading principles, GA 811 policies and procedures, area streets and roads.
- Skills in interpreting engineering reports, maps, and construction drawings, use of computers and job-related software programs, preparation of reports, oral and written communication.
- At least one (1) or two (2) years’ experience in a related field.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical
All online applications must
be processed through www.valdostacity.com
. To be fully considered, applicants must submit a completed City of Valdosta Application Form to LaToya Robinson
, or apply at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601. A resume cannot be submitted as a substitute for the application form; it is for additional information only. Sorry, we do not accept late applications.
Please visit our website www.valdostacity.com
for all open positions we currently accept applications for and for application instructions.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employ