Supervises and coordinates activities related to the DeKalb County Flood Management Program and Community Rating System.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining and completing employee performance appraisals. *
- Oversees and coordinates field and office activities related to the implementation and administration of a flood plain management plan. *
- Prepares response letters to constituents, reviews work orders and investigates reports from inspections.*
- Discusses investigations and County programs with citizens and the general public. *
- Performs drainage investigations. *
- Prepares and distributes flood information packages. *
- Designs storm system installations. *
- Prepares drainage review for re-zoning applications.
- Reviews flood studies.
- Coordinates the preparation of application documents for the County’s participation in the FEMA/ISO Community Rating System. *
- Plans and analyzes activities to be considered for implementation for credit under the Community Rating System. *
- Serves as liaison between the County and the Federal Emergency Management Agency in the implementation and administration of the Floodplain Management Plan. *
- Determines the need for basic data such as field surveys, floodplain maps and other data for implementing the Floodplain Management plan.
- Maintains all necessary records and prepares all reports for submittal to necessary agencies and departments.
- Reviews the work of engineering groups in design construction and coordinates planning and design with other governmental agencies.
* Indicates an "essential" job function.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Design, or related field; five years of experience in professional civil engineering, flood management coordination, or a related field.