Purpose of Classification:
The purpose of this classification is to exercise technical management over multiple technical functions, platforms, technologies, conceptual designs, or applications involving systems architecture, systems application design, database design, and integration of multiple systems.
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Manages the technical implementation and on-going administration of enterprise-wide, cross-platform, large-scale systems; performs cross-functional, multidisciplinary technical management; evaluates project work, methods and procedures related to enterprise-level systems; and provides technical management over analysts and database administrators.
Architects major software and database environments to include enterprise-wide integration with technology solutions for multiple clients and objectives on multiple platforms; designs enterprise-wide systems architecture and integration strategies; designs and implements monitoring, capacity planning, and modeling; and manages design, implementation, upgrade, maintenance, and troubleshooting functions.
Leads complex troubleshooting activities; and provides guidance, direction, problem identification and resolution recommendations for urgent, enterprise-wide technical problems.
Assists with enterprise-wide planning, communication, and implementation across all constituent groups and technical divisions; meets with end users to determine technology needs and goals; develops, documents, and communicates plans for investing in systems architecture; and analyzes cost reduction opportunities.
Meets with vendors to design and develop hardware and software specifications, solutions and strategies
Consults with administrators and other clients to provide guidance and technical direction for proposed enterprise technical solutions; and recommends goals and strategies for technology projects and solutions in response to project initiatives.
Maintains an awareness of new applications, technologies, technical methods, trends, and advances in the profession; reviews professional publications, technical manuals, and websites to increase knowledge of network operations; and attends conferences, workshops, and training sessions as appropriate.
Incumbents assigned to Infrastructure Division may be responsible for:
- Managing the design, installation, upgrade, and maintenance and troubleshooting of all hardware systems on multiple platforms.
- Managing the design, installation, upgrade, and maintenance and troubleshooting of multiple enterprises software and database systems on multiple platforms.
- Directing technical management of all systems administrators or database administrators.
- High level systems architecture, design and integration work in a cross-platform environment and for multiple enterprise systems.
- Architecting major Data Center Functions and hardware/software environments like enterprise wide Storage Area Networks, enterprise-wide highly-available, clustered and load balanced hardware/software environments across multiple platforms, integration of enterprise wide computing environments.
- Managing the design, installation, upgrade, maintenance and troubleshooting of all network systems on multiple technologies.
- Managing the design, installation, upgrade, maintenance and troubleshooting of all network infrastructures.
- High level network architecture, design and integration work in a multi-technology environment.
Incumbents assigned to Application Solutions Division may be responsible for:
- Directing technical management of IT Analysts, Sr. Analysts and Database Administrators involved in with enterprise-wide software applications technology including logical database administration.
- Architecting major software environments to include enterprise-wide integration such as with ERP solutions for multiple clients and multiple client driven objectives.
- Highest level of systems architecture, design and integration based on existing and new infrastructure technologies for highly complex environments and multiple objectives and business goals that include client and the upper administration.
- Managing the design, implementation, upgrade, maintenance, and troubleshooting of multiple enterprise software and database systems on multiple platforms.
- Assisting with enterprise-wide planning, communication and implementation across all constituent groups and technical divisions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field required; seven years of progressively responsible experience in a centralized information technology organization, to include lead or supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Specific License or Certification Required: Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
The following certifications are desired: Open CA, CITA, EACOE Architect, SOA Architect or FEAC Enterprise Architect.
Support/development experience in the following areas preferred: Unix, SQL, PL/SQL, and Oracle EBS 12.1.3