Position Title: Administrative Coordinator
Annual Minimum Salary: $33,540.90
Hourly Rate: $16.60
Pay Grade: 14
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Department: Public Works
Division: Motor Pool- Fleet Maintenance
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Public Works Department is accepting applications for the position of a full time Administrative Coordinator (Motor Pool Division). Position is responsible for coordinating the administrative functions of vehicle/equipment repair. Stocks supplies and maintains inventory levels. Maintains fuel/oil inventories and related records. Researches then orders parts as needed for specific fleet repairs. Prepares purchase requisitions, completes the receipt of goods and invoice reconciliations. Maintains vehicle files and computer records. Opens and closes work orders. Completes end of month fuel/oil and Fleet Maintenance reports. Answers telephone and radio calls; provides information and assistance as needed. Assigns work orders to appropriate personnel in the shop and builds a weekly fleet service schedule.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; city and departmental policies and procedures; computers and job-related software programs; inventory management principles; city purchasing policies and procedures.
- Skill with using office equipment such as a computers, scanners, fax machine, and copiers.
- Skill, in prioritizing and organizing work orders with personnel, provision of customer services, maintenance of files and computer records.
- Experience working with Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software and invoice reconciliation financial programs.
- The ability to effectively communicate verbally and written with customers, vendors, employees or management.
- Knowledge of completing insurance claims.
- Knowledge, understanding, and (6-8 years) work experience within the vehicle maintenance carrier field.
- At least (3-5) years’ experience with office administration or related field.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- High school diploma or GED
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical
All online applications must
be processed through www.valdostacity.com
. To be fully considered, applicants must submit a completed City of Valdosta Application Form to LaToya Robinson
, or apply at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601. A resume cannot be submitted as a substitute for the application form; it is for additional information only. Sorry, we do not accept late applications.
Please visit our website www.valdostacity.com
for all open positions we currently accept applications for and for application instructions.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information, go to http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees/e-verify-overview