Parks & Recreation
$16.40 – $20.50 per hour
July 30, 2018
August 13, 2018
The purpose of this position is to develop and implement a variety of recreation programs and special events for the City of Smyrna
Essential Job Duties
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Under the general supervision of the Senior Programs Coordinator:
- Produces and administers a variety of recreation programs and special events offerings in a variety of park settings for the general public; conducts program, activity and product research; recruits instructors, presenters, and volunteers necessary to deliver quality programs
- Coordinates and plans camps to coincide with school breaks (summer, fall, winter, spring, etc.); recruit and train camp staff; responsible for camp scheduling, including reserving needed facilities.
- Assists with marketing for Department programs and events including: advertising and promotional platforms, social media, website content, publications, surveys, etc.
- Coordinates and organizes a variety of special events and develops new events with volunteer participation and sponsorships.
- Develops, manages, and maintains budgets and financial records for all program offerings
- Assists departmental staff with various events and programs as needed
- Serves as public contact for department events and marketing efforts.
- Evaluates organizational performance and recommends program improvements; implements work unit goals and objectives that are aligned with department strategic initiatives; analyzes policy and recommends policy modifications; maintains statistical data to support the department strategic planning process; participates in special projects as recommended
- Represents the department on various, appointed City committees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, or related field; supplemented by at least (3) years’ experience that includes dealing with the general public, planning and implementing recreational programs; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver's License.
Applications must be submitted online at: www.smyrnacity.com
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *