Participates in the installation, repair and general maintenance of traffic control and street marking signage on public roadways; and assists in painting roadway lanes and traffic directional markings.
- Inspects and/or installs street marking signs; removes, replaces or repairs obsolete, damaged and missing signs and/or posts. *
- Responsible for performing skilled tasks utilizing hydraulic, electronic, mechanical and hand tools to install, repair and maintain traffic control and street marking signage and applying or removing traffic lane markings.*
- Performs manual labor such as digging holes, building and pulling forms, pouring concrete, pulling posts and cleaning. *
- Installs prefabricated legends and arrows using heat gun. *
- Performs flagman duties in stopping, directing and controlling traffic at job site. *
- Reads location maps and/or engineering plans and locates existing water, gas and buried electrical lines. *
- Responds to radio calls; measures and lays out temporary and permanent markings. *
- Sets up street markings, including safety work zone, at job site using traffic cones and warning
- signs. *
- Ensures job site is left in a safe condition for the public at the end of the day. *
- Generates and verifies work orders. *
- May operate county trucks. *
* Indicates an "essential" job function.
High school diploma or GED; one year of experience in traffic sign maintenance or installation, or a related field. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver's license. May be required to obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) within one year of employment. A combination of training and experience above the minimum requirements will be considered.