$39,957 - $49,946
August 3, 2018
Open Until Filled
This position inspects the construction of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings and related systems to ensure compliance with applicable building codes.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs field inspections of construction work, materials, buildings, and premises for conformance with applicable codes, established specifications, and approved construction plans.
- Interprets and enforces the provisions of applicable federal, state, and local codes, laws, rules, regulations, specifications, standards, policies and procedures; initiates any actions necessary to correct deviations or violations.
- Conducts building inspections.
- Determines compliance or non-compliance of construction work.
- Provides information and technical assistance concerning code requirements.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Maintains records of inspection activities.
- Prepares or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, inspection reports, or other documents..
- Operates a computer to enter, retrieve, review or modify data; utilizes word processing, spreadsheet, or other software programs.
- Follows safety procedures, utilizes safety equipment, and monitors work environment to ensure safety of employees and other individuals.
- Coordinates inspection activities with other departments, property owners, contractors, other inspectors, or other individuals.
- Communicates with supervisor, employees, other departments, contractors, architects, engineers, property owners, the public, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or closely related field; supplemented by six (6) years previous experience and/or training that includes building construction and building inspection; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain valid International Code Council Residential Combination Inspector certification.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and post-offer drug screen.
Applications must be submitted online at: www.smyrnacity.com
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *