If you already have an active application on file DO NOT submit another paper application. Email email@example.com
and make a request to have your application submitted for the position you are interested in.
How to Submit Applications:
- Faxes are not accepted
- E-mail the application and any required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or mail to: Douglas County Human Resources 8700 Hospital Drive Douglasville, GA 30134
Applications can be downloaded at our website: celebratedouglascounty.com. Under “Hot Spots”, click on the “Employment Opportunities” link. The application link is on the right hand side of the Human Resources webpage under “Downloadable Documents”. Applications can also be obtained from the HR Department on the 1st
floor of the Douglas County Courthouse.
Fire & EMS
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
This is a highly responsible supervisory and administrative position responsible for directing and securing compliance with county and state fire prevention laws, ordinances, and accepted standards through the inspection of commercial and public structures and other installations. Recommends, creates and evaluates policies and procedures for fire safety inspections and life safety code enforcement activities. Directs the supervision of the Fire Safety Inspectors/Fire Safety Educators and other assigned staff according to department policy/protocol. Responsibilities include assigning and supervising work in progress, as well as reviewing completed work to ensure thoroughness of inspections, nature of violations found, corrective actions required and the need for follow-up. Instructs and trains employees and conducts employee evaluations. May provide input in hiring, promoting, and disciplining employees. May provide direct assistance to employees in completing assigned job duties.
- High school diploma or (GED) with specialized courses in building inspections, plan reviews, and management. College degree in a related field is desirable, Any equivalent combination of education or experience is acceptable
- Eight (8) years of progressive experience in related fire prevention and fire training work, including two (2) years as a fire officer is highly desirable
- Successful completion of Basic 101 Firefighter (120 hours) of the Georgia Fire Academy is highly desirable
- Certified Fire Inspector by Georgia Firefighters Standards & Training within one (1) year of appointment
- Certified Fire Safety Educator by Georgia Firefighters Standards & Training with two (2) years of appointment
- Must meet all eligibility requirements for promotion to this classification
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have no felony convictions within the past ten (10) years
- Must meet minimum physical fitness requirements as set forth by Firefighter Professional Qualifications published by the National Fire Protection Association
- Possession of a valid Georgia driver’s license (Class F) and a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR)
Employment is contingent on passing a mandatory Physical/Drug Screen/MVR and Background Investigation.
$60,308.98 - $75,319.30 annual ($28.99 - $36.21 hourly) based on experience and qualifications, plus full benefits package
Resumes may be attached, but a resume without a completed application will not